Monday, May 2, 2011

A wise man once said...

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Been seeing that around a bit, and it makes me feel better in light of today's disheartening celebrations . Again, I appreciate your comments, Brandon, and wish every one could be as thoughtful as you.

People can be pretty lousy at times. To paraphrase another civil rights leader, wrong is wrong no matter who says it or does it. We should try to be bigger than the people we condemn. Celebrating death is wrong no matter who says it or does it.

I'll get back to writing about movies in my next post, but I just had to get that out there because it's been on my mind all day.




No comments:

Post a Comment