Friday, September 9, 2011

bronson

Brandon, I've seen BRONSON and even had it in my 2009 list if you can recall, though I don't think we talked about it much. I loved the film and would agree that Hardy's performance is one of the best and most dynamic in recent memory. Refn has serious talent, and from what I hear from DRIVE so far, incredible versatility. All the clips and trailers I've seen make the film look very odd and fascinating, and the word on the street is that it is something quite special. I'm excited to say the least. And I truly believe that Gosling is one of the best actors around, period. He's one of the few actors whose films I will see simply due to the fact that he's in them (yeah I'll probably even end up seeing CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE).

I haven't seen Refn's PUSHER trilogy, nor VALHALLA RISING. The latter is on NWI, and if I have the time, I'd like to watch it before I see DRIVE. Gosling has said that he chose Refn to direct DRIVE based on VR. Have you, Brandon, or anyone else seen it?

No comments:

Post a Comment