Saturday, June 2, 2012

Korine

I just woke up from a nice long nap to find myself getting spanked. Ouch!

I am dismissing Korine with out much exposure, this is true. I've seen KIDS (bleh), and started watching GUMMO with friends at Manhattan College, only to stop watching due to a total lack of interest mixed with a hatred of animal violence. MISTER LONELY is likely tolerable and maybe even quite good. I fell asleep watching it instantly (mostly because it was late–I hadn't even gotten into the movie yet). Maybe I'll watch that one if you lend it to me. JDB? Probably not.

I don't even think having you vouch for Korine helps. I've been hearing people vouch for him for a long time, but mostly in terms of taunting me into trying to stomach and handle him. That sort of baiting should only be used when trying to encourage watching a horror film. Are Korine's films in the horror genre? HOSTEL PART II may be easier to sit through if only because it's pure garbage, and FUNNY GAMES easy to sit through if only because it's so explicitly fake. Also, both horror films, so I know what I'm getting into.

After hearing Brandon rail against Korine, the icing is really on the cake with Ben's dismissal. Yes, you read that right, Ben "I have no problem sitting through the miserablism of MARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENE" Lainhart couldn't even finish JDB! He found it to be too unsettling! Yikes. What chance do I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment