Saturday, July 23, 2011

Preliminary 1953 list

Here are my top 10 films of 1953 so far:

1. The Wages of Fear (Clouzot)
2. Stalag 17 (Wilder)
3. The Big Heat (Lang)
4. The Earrings of Madame de...(Ophuls)
5. Ugetsu (Mizoguchi)
6. Sawdust and Tinsel (Bergman)
7. I Vitelloni (Fellini)
8. Tokyo Story (Ozu)
9. Pickup on South Street (Fuller)
10. Roman Holiday (Wyler)

Lots of the same films as your list, Brandon, just a little reshuffled. The three of us all have Stalag 17 and The Big Heat high on our lists. Awesome!
I still haven't seen Hitch's I Confess or Mann's The Naked Spur though. I'd be interested to see both. If I see any other films that I prefer to any of these, I'll be sure to post an update.

My '57 list will be done by the beginning of August. Just waiting to watch one more film.

I'll do another 30s post soon. My first 30s list should be done by early August too.

No comments:

Post a Comment