Saturday, January 14, 2012

The big '85

Sweet 1985 list, Jason!

I wouldn't be born for another three years, but still know several of these, even if my 80s film knowledge is dismal at best.

I love BRAZIL and BLOOD SIMPLE.

Haven't seen MY LIFE AS A DOG.

Haven't heard of THE BREAKFAST CLUB....No, kidding, of course I've seen it.

BACK TO THE FUTURE rules.

Don't know RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, or BETTER OFF DEAD. I'm young, I know.

PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE and THE GOONIES are dope.

If I had to do a list right now without thinking too hard, It'd look like this:

1. Come and See (Klimov)
2. The Purple Rose of Cairo (Allen)
3. Ran (Kurosawa)
4. Brazil (Gilliam)
5. After Hours (Scorsese)
6. Blood Simple (Coen Brothers)
7. Back to the Future (Zemickes)
8. My Beautiful Laundrette (Frears)
9. Pale Rider (Eastwood)
10. Pee Wee's Big Adventure (Burton)

HM: The Breakfast Club, A Room With a View, The Goonies, Clue, The Care Bears Movie.

Got to see COME AND SEE for a class on "Cinema and War." It's one of the top 10 war films ever made.

Are there any fans of THE BLACK CAULDRON? It's one of the few hand-drawn animation Disney films I haven't seen.

What about EWOKS: THE BATTLE FOR ENDOR starring Wilford Brimley?


No comments:

Post a Comment