Monday, March 28, 2011

Re: PS

Lisa - Don't worry. I definitely understood what you meant by your list. I didn't take it to be an indictment against the films themselves, just your opinions/reactions to them. I can't criticize your reactions to films. You either feel a certain way about a film or you don't. You are entitled to your reaction and to your opinion. I may feel differently from it, but I will always respect your opinion. Don't ever be afraid to give it.

Also, to clarify with my list, I wasn't calling those films bad or overrated either. They are films that I recognize the merits of and want to like but find myself resistant to. I don't pretend to know enough to call something overrated; it assumes that my opinion is somehow objectively valid and it is definitely not. I don't know anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment